HDPE drum recycling line refers to the process of recycling high-density polyethylene (HDPE) drums or containers, which are commonly used to store chemicals, liquids, and other materials.
The HDPE drum recycling line typically includes several steps, such as sorting, size reduction, washing, drying, and pelletizing, to convert the used HDPE drums into clean, re-usable recycled HDPE pellets or flakes.
HDPE plastic recycling be used to produce HDPE new products, reducing waste and conserving resources.
Recycling HDPE drums system: Washing line+ Extrusion Pelletizing Line
What the process of HDPE drums washing line?
The process of washing HDPE drums typically involves the following steps:
- Collection and Sorting: The first step involves collecting the used HDPE drums and sorting them based on their condition and contaminants present.
- Pre-washing: The drums are then subjected to a pre-washing process to remove any loose dirt, debris, or contaminants. This is usually done using high-pressure water jets.
- Chemical Cleaning: The drums are then immersed in a chemical bath for a specified time period to dissolve and remove any remaining dirt, grease, or other contaminants.
- Rinsing: After chemical cleaning, the drums are rinsed with water to remove any residual chemicals.
- Drying: Finally, the drums are dried using hot air or other methods to remove any moisture.
- Quality Inspection: The washed raw materials are then inspected to ensure they meet the required quality standards.
The specific details of the plastic recycling & washing process may vary depending on the size and type of the HDPE drums, as well as the specific contaminants present.
Large size HDPE drums need shredder to do pre-treatment
Large size HDPE drums may need to be shredded as a pre-treatment step before recycling HDPE drum and entering washing line.
Shredding helps to break down the drums into different sizes and small pieces, making it easier to remove contaminants and clean the material.
This also helps to reduce the volume of waste and make it easier to handle and transport. The shredded material can then be further processed in the washing line, as I wrote about earlier.
What the process of HDPE drum flakes extrusion pelletizing line?
The process of HDPE drum flakes extrusion pelletizing line typically consists of the following steps:
- Material feeding: The HDPE drum flakes are fed into the system using a feeding mechanism, such as a screw feeder.
- Material drying: The material is dried to remove any moisture, which can negatively affect the quality of the final pellets. This is typically done using a hot air dryer.
- Material heating and melting: The dried material is heated and melted using an extruder, which uses heat and pressure to convert the material into a molten state.
- Material shaping: The molten material is passed through a shaping mechanism, such as a die head, which shapes the material into the desired pellet form.
- Pellet cooling: The hot pellets are cooled to room temperature using a water bath or a cooling conveyor.
- Pellet cutting: The cooled pellets are cut into the desired length using a granules cutting mechanism, such as a strand pelletizer.
- Pellet storage: The final granules are stored in containers or bags for further use or transportation.
The specific design and configuration of the extrusion pelletizing line will vary depending on the desired output, the type of material being processed, and the specific application requirements.
The process can be optimized to improve the quality of the final pellets and to increase efficiency and productivity.
So Let’s Summarize The Equipment Used In HDPE Drum/ Barrel Washing Lines
- Shredder Machine: For pre-treatment of large size HDPE drums.
- Conveyor: For transporting the drums or shredded material through the washing line.
- Crusher Machine: For pre-treat large size HDPE drums or flakes by crushing them into smaller pieces.
- Screw Feeder machine: Its primary function is to feed plastic material into next machine in a controlled and consistent manner.
- Rising tank: Its primary function is to rinse the plastic material after it has been cleaned with a chemical and water solution to get clean flakes.
- Friction Washing Feeder: Its primary function is to feed plastic material into the washing process in a controlled and consistent manner, while also washing the material.
- Horizontal Dewatering Machines: Its primary function is to remove excess water from the washed plastic material and prepare it for further processing.
- Hot Air Dryer System: Its primary function is to remove moisture from the washed plastic material and prepare it for further collecting.
- Control Panel: For controlling and monitoring the entire washing process.
What other kind of plastic recycling can be used in the HDPE drum washing recycling line? Can plastic bags ok?
The HDPE drum washing recycling line can typically be used to wash a variety of plastic materials, in addition to HDPE drums and barrels, milk bottles, bleach bottles, shampoo bottles, this includes other types of plastic containers and packaging, such as:
- PP (Polypropylene) containers and packaging big bags
- PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride) pipes and profiles
- PE (Polyethylene) agricultural film and grass-proof fabric
- LDPE (Low-density Polyethylene) film and bags
These plastics can often be processed in a similar manner to HDPE drums, with some modifications to the washing line to accommodate the different properties of the material.
For example, different types of chemicals and washing techniques may be used to effectively clean different types of plastic.
All plastic waste with a density less than that of water can be recycled and cleaned in HDPE drum washing lines.
It is important to note that not all plastics are suitable for washing for recycle . Some materials, such as those contaminated with hazardous materials, may need to be disposed of in a different manner.